Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
The cybersecurity team at Argo ensures that our ecosystem of internal infrastructure and our vehicle systems are protected from harmful attacks, unauthorized access, and anything else that could interfere with the safety of our employees or the operation of any self-driving vehicle.
What you’ll do:
- Participate in engineering projects to identify threats and vulnerabilities in our infrastructure, software and system architectures
- Define cybersecurity requirements for and work with engineering teams to successfully deliver on new software and hardware products for our self-driving vehicles
- Research and develop threat intelligence briefings that are pertinent to our industry, company, and product
- Lead a team to design and develop a cyber and product threat and vulnerability management programs
- Build procedures and system to identify threats and suspicious activity across the infrastructure and products
- Identify process gaps and build out enhancements to existing threat and incident response plans and procedures
- Analyze tools for and results of secure code analyzers and work with Director of Product Security and software leads on secure development practices
- Understand the competitive self-driving vehicle landscape and the safety/security standards
- Work closely with Argo’s Chief Security Officer and Cyber Security team to ensure that the product is meeting cybersecurity requirements for the highest degree of safety required in our self-driving vehicles
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Robotics or a related field
- Experience in automotive cyber security or embedded systems
- Experience leading a team of engineers and working with engineering leads to design, implement, and test secure architectures
- Expertise applying and tailoring existing security practices such as the Cyber Security Standards (ISO 21434, SAE J3061), vulnerability management standards
- Ability to analyze threat and vulnerability information to prioritize for current and future architectures
- Familiarity with security design patterns for software and systems
- Familiarity with CI/CD build eco system, one or more Programming Languages.
- Ability to learn and use static and dynamic analysis tools to evaluate software to find and remove vulnerabilities
- Ability to develop and implement novel and advanced security analysis techniques
- Ability to develop and explain technical decisions and recommendations effectively with technical and non-technical audiences through verbal and written communications that lead to actionable and measurable improvements
- Proven ability to perform meticulous work with careful attention to detail but performed in a very fast-paced and exciting environment to identify threats, defects and weaknesses in complex systems, and to identify process improvement opportunities.
- Expertise applying and tailoring existing security practices such as the Cyber Threat Intel Standards (enisa, SANS, STIX), vulnerability management standards
- Curiosity for designing to thwart threats and vulnerabilities that may not even exist today!
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.