Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
The Sensors Hardware team is responsible for defining, developing, and delivering the sensing suite that enables Argo’s self-driving system to accurately perceive the world.
The Engineering Manager, Camera Hardware will manage a team of engineers responsible for all aspects of camera hardware development, including research, design, test, qualification, and deployment of Argo AI’s camera systems. Core responsibilities of this role include direct personnel management, resource and budget allocation, cross-functional alignment with partner teams, and engagement with outside suppliers.
What you’ll do:
- Manage a team of engineers responsible for delivering Argo AI’s custom camera hardware
- Ensure the personnel and program success of Argo’s camera engineering team
- Drive personnel management tasks including hiring, goal planning, progress tracking, mentoring, reviewing employee performance, team status reporting, prioritizing resources, etc.
- Work closely with external vendors to ensure engineering teams are aligned, escalating issues with appropriate partners to keep programs on track
- Establish best practices for the camera engineering team and the engineering organization as a whole
- Work with executives and engineering leadership to drive key decisions
- Help define the future roadmap for cameras at Argo
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or a related field
- Strong leadership skills suitable for recruiting, leading and managing highly diverse teams of engineers to develop high-performance camera systems
- Strong understanding of core camera design principles, including optics, image sensors, image signal processing, and embedded software
- Experience working with contract engineering and contract manufacturing partners, including those overseas
- A record of leading projects and teams successfully and working in a fast paced environment
- Ability to collaborate with other teams and leaders to help entire organization row in the same direction
- Experience developing highly complex embedded hardware systems in robotics, transportation, aerospace, consumer electronics, defense, medical, energy, or similar industries
- Desired experience in Python and/or Matlab
- Desired experience with automotive development processes and considerations (APQP, DFMEA, Functional Safety, etc)
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, with demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams to drive decisions
- Ability to write concise, clear, and detailed engineering documentation
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.