Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable, and accessible for all. Vehicle Operations’ essential function at Argo is to safely execute the test and road operations initiatives set forth by our engineering team. Vehicle Operations consists of a team of experts who understand Argo’s underlying vehicle technology and programs. The team then uses that information to effectively manage efforts to meet our mileage and performance goals. These programs will provide detailed feedback to our engineering team on how our vehicles are performing.
The Operational Reliability Engineering Team is responsible for ensuring the Autonomous Vehicle and various Supporting Software Systems are functioning properly and at maximum efficiency. This includes working with our discipline and responsible engineers to ensure vehicle platform, hardware components, communication networks, data management systems, and software product suites are continually working together to deliver a high-performance Autonomous Vehicle. The Reliability Team is instrumental in triaging reported Production Software issues as well as maximizing fleet uptime of vehicles and supporting Hardware resources at all Argo AI Vehicle Operations locations. As issues arise during any of our operations, the Reliability Engineering Team will be responsible for diagnosing, documenting, tracking, and reporting a wide variety of both Software and Hardware issues through to resolution.
What you’ll do:
- Diagnosing issues being reporting from our Operations and Supporting Service Teams, and diving into complex Software and Hardware problems on rapidly evolving systems
- Tracking the occurrences and frequency of these problems to understand the scope and impact
- Analyze large data sets over time for trend analysis, failure rate determination and impact predictions
- Provide guidance and coaching to junior level Associate team on root cause analysis and Engineering best practices
- Determine Root Cause and proper scalable repairs or solutions with a safety first mindset and a data driven approach
- Generate clear, concise data driven reports and/or standard operating procedures given highly complex content
- Driving design improvements to Engineering Teams for future system improvements
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Software Engineering, Robotics Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics or a related field
- Experience supporting rapidly evolving Software Tools on both a Development and Production scale
- Experience working with various complex hardware systems, including; Computers and networking devices, LiDAR, radar, camera, and power distribution systems
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills, including a systematic approach to determining root cause, implementing solutions, and documenting results
- Contribute to the development of core software infrastructure and APIs for general-purpose front and back-end software development in C++ and Python
- Provide expertise in the design and development of software for cross-functional teams
- Strong desire to learn new skills related to technology and software
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to span a large and varied workforce.
- Proven self-starter mindset and the ability to work independently or with minimal supervision
- Experience with Ubuntu Linux operating system
Additional job requirements:
- Occasional travel to remote offices and test facilities
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.