Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
Engineering complex systems, such as autonomous vehicles, requires a unique combination of broad vision, focus on the details, and the discipline to follow the design between the two. At Argo AI systems engineers work on our onboard autonomy suite, the integration with the vehicle or the offboard cloud-based data and computing systems.They define and study multiple alternative architectures, perform trade studies, flow down requirements, establish design verification methods, and make data-based recommendations.
Successful candidates will be technical experts in autonomous systems and/or cloud-based data and computing systems. They will master rigorous yet efficient systems engineering practices. They will have strong leadership abilities and communication skills to gather consensus amongst the relevant stakeholders and communicate findings in order to drive key decisions within Argo AI’s fast-paced autonomous vehicle program.
What you’ll do:
- Use a systems-level, data-driven approach to guide the multi-disciplinary engineering teams to achieve the right design that is compatible with the product needs and program rollout schedule at an acceptable level of technical risk
- Engage with OEM partner engineering teams to ensure proper processes and seamless integration
- Develop requirements, architectures, and execution plans for the systems assigned
- Maintain architectural designs and documents
- Partner with test and simulation teams in the formulation of a plan that ensures verification coverage
- Report on your project progress, anticipate and alert on risks, propose mitigations
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Strong systems engineering and broad knowledge of engineering fundamentals
- Expertise in architecture design and specifications for high performance robotic systems, autonomous vehicles, aerospace or large-scale computing and data systems
- Strong communication skills and leadership abilities to work with cross-functional engineering teams and drive towards decisions
- Experience in AWS and/or GCP services and data systems in excess of 1 PB a plus
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.