Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
Maps play a critical role in the success of Argo AI. Today’s autonomous vehicles require a unique prior map of the world they are operating within for everything from navigation to context of the environment around them. Join a team using cutting edge technologies to create solutions for highly detailed and complex maps that empower our autonomous vehicles.
What you’ll do:
- Design, implement and validate mapping algorithms for Argo AI’s AV system using Python and C++
- Work with point clouds, images and other sensor data to build maps for self-driving vehicles
- Problem solve in a fast paced environment and work with complex software
- Work with internal teams to understand their needs and define requirements/interfaces
- Design highly scalable production solutions for big-data storage and retrieval
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Solid C++ programming skills and software engineering practice. Knowledge of modern C++ is a plus
- Solid understanding of data structures, algorithms and probability (in the context of mapping)
- Experience in SLAM, visual geometry, point cloud processing or related technical fields
- Solid understanding of analytic geometry, linear algebra and numerical optimization
- Experience using Deep Learning techniques for object detection in images is a plus
- Ability to work beyond your core engineering field and understand how the pieces fit together in the larger system
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.