Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
The Test Autonomy - Structured Test team designs and fabricates test assets for targeted testing of Autonomous Vehicle functional areas. These test assets are primarily used in closed course testing to: 1) physically simulate edge cases, 2) improve testing safety and 3) automate testing. This position is located at the New Stanton test track location.
What you’ll do:
- Lead small team of Electrical technicians in Prototype Lab/Shop
- Design of robotic test platforms including: battery power systems, electric motor implementation
- Implementation of RTK enabled Waypoint Navigation systems for testing automation
- Design of automated test assets using a variety of proximity & distance sensors
- Design of PLC controlled traffic light, lighting systems, & hydraulic systems
- Creating & maintenance of schematics, wiring diagrams, drawings
- Interface with mechanical engineers, mechanical technicians
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Experience in Altium Designer
- Experience in Solidworks a plus
- Experience implementing PLC systems
- Experience creating schematics, wiring diagrams, drawings
- Experience focused in prototype type designs
- Experience in Electrical Engineering, or related engineering field
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.