Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
The SEIT Autonomy team is responsible for all testing and initial troubleshooting of the autonomy software, from development to release, using simulation, track, and public road testing. This position could result in assignment to one of multiple sub-teams. We work with individual software teams to create and execute tests across all testing modalities to ensure new features and updates work as designed prior to code delivery. The team also maintains and executes test plans designed to verify and validate system requirements in all autonomy feature areas. Operational teams are responsible for vehicle regression testing and troubleshooting of software release candidates prior to public road evaluation. We ensure the autonomy system is working as expected, communicate problem reports back to the development team, communicate significant code updates to the operational fleet and help to develop and promote Argo safety culture.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a medium sized team of Test Engineers in simulation, closed course, and public road testing environments
- Work with engineers from all disciplines to plan and execute tests around targeted functional areas, in structured settings
- Plan and manage routine operational tasks, work packages toward quarterly goals and other company objectives as required
- Communicate with hardware and software teams across multiple cities and locations to coordinate testing
- Prepare and present testing analysis and reports
- Interface and report relevant software issues to the specific teams as necessary
- Improve and maintain testing documentation and processes
- Coordinate with other Test and Integration teams to prepare tests and training for new features that are landing from development branches
- Report status to leads and upper management on a regular basis
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Experience with JIRA or other similar ticketing systems
- Experience managing field operations in remote locations a plus
- Experience in an Engineering or other related field with technical team management
- Autonomy testing experience is preferred but not required
- Experience working with engineers to integrate test equipment a plus
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.