Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
The Sensors Hardware team is responsible for defining, developing, and delivering the sensing suite that enables Argo’s self-driving system to accurately perceive the world. The Sensors Architecture engineer will work across multiple sensing modalities to develop the proper physical models, simulations, and experiments that allow quantitative judgments to be made regarding sensor selection and requirements definition. This role will require tight collaboration with the Argo Software and Systems Engineering teams in order to drive a sensor architecture that enables the desired operational design domain for Argo’s self-driving system.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with camera, lidar, and radar hardware teams to identify critical requirements and develop methodologies for evaluating their impact on the self-driving system
- Build modeling and simulation tools, and design and execute experiments to analyze the effects of different sensor performance attributes on perception, localization, and other software functions
- Drive investigation of new sensing modalities, developing models and metrics as necessary to assist in understanding and assessing performance as it relates to the self-driving system
- Develop sensor architecture trade studies and conduct reviews of results with Software, Systems Engineering, and other stakeholder teams
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or a related field
- Experience designing or characterizing one or more of camera, lidar, or radar, with a solid understanding of the key performance attributes and trade-offs between different sensing modalities
- Experience developing physical models to simulate behavior of hardware devices
- Experience evaluating sensor prototypes, including test setup, data collection, analysis, and visualization
- Fluent in Python and/or Matlab, with demonstrated experience developing well-tested and well-documented code
- Desired experience in robotics applications
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, with demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams to drive decisions
- Ability to write concise, clear, and detailed engineering documentation
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.