Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
The Software Engineer II will work with cross-functional teams and other software engineers to develop requirements
and software architecture for the embedded systems in our autonomous vehicles.
What you'll do:
- Write and test software for microcontrollers and system-on-chip (SoC) devices in the vehicle and conduct system
integration validation testing with peers.
- Deliver real-time operating system (RTOS) solutions for safety critical embedded software in a robotics and
- Design software for sensor control, interprocessor communications, monitoring, drivers, and acceptance testing.
- Define requirements for embedded systems.
- Integrate embedded systems into Argo AI’s autonomous software stack. Develop automated tests to verify software
- Work cross-functionally with systems engineering and hardware engineering teams to derive software requirements.
- Coordinate with test operations teams to run vehicle-level software verification tests. Design and contribute to
continuous integration and verification tools.
What we're looking for:
- Master of Science degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering,
Robotics or a related field of study.
- Will also accept a Bachelor of Science degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Engineering, Computer Science,
Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field of study together with two (2) years of experience in a related
occupation developing systems software for autonomous vehicles.
- Previous experience must have included:
- Developing software for embedded devices;
- Low level communication protocols;
- Bare metal product environments;
- C/C++ Programming for embedded Microcontroller or Microprocessor targets;
- Developing software in memory-constrained environments;
- Reading and understanding PCB schematic and layout documents;
- Utilizing debugging tools and methods for embedded targets;
- Identifying and solving complex system problems through testing and root cause analysis; and
- Communication protocols used in the embedded, robotics, and automotive industries.
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.