Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
The onboard libraries team owns the underlying libraries and pipelines powering our algorithms on vehicle. The team is responsible for software architecture and the implementation of the libraries at Argo AI. The team’s responsibilities include but are not limited to system design, library implementation, integration, performance optimizations on the vehicle.
What you’ll do:
- Work with the autonomy, system, hardware, and embedded teams to understand overall system architecture and requirements
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to the autonomy teams and other teams
- Produce design documents and present them to teams
- Refactor/re-architect the existing systems to improve quality
- Produce high quality, efficient and maintainable code using C++
- Improve performance of software stack used on vehicle
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Deep programming skills in C++: We work in C++17 so you must be able to implement clean and efficient code and interfaces or must have a strong desire to learn C++17
- Strong software design, algorithm, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Desire to work on different problems
- Experience in Linux environments, high-frequency trading, game engines, real-time systems is a plus
- Familiarity with SIMD, compilers, embedded systems, performance optimizations is a plus
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.