Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
Argo AI's hardware special projects is a research and development team aiming to keep Argo AI at the forefront of the autonomous vehicle industry. The team focuses on solving the fundamental challenges of autonomous vehicle development by finding innovative ideas and technologies in their nascent stages and qualifying their potential against high impact goals. The group also assists in strategic decision-making by providing insights and technical assessments of emerging companies in computer and sensor systems. Finally, the team is able to support critical efforts across multi-disciplinary groups when the need arises.
What you’ll do:
- Prototyping of technical solutions spanning ME, EE and CS fields
- Bring-up and benchmarking of new technologies and prototypes, both from external partners and for internal efforts
- Publish internal and external technical reports and research to help inform strategic decisions and share knowledge org-wide
- Interact with a large spectrum of cross-functional teams
- Interface with external partners through meetings, conferences, trade shows or training
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or a related field
- Generalist engineers, excited by the challenges and opportunities of taking on tasks in different robotics fields, including mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, and software development
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.