Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
The Argo Lidar team is developing a disruptive Geiger-mode lidar system enabling rich point cloud range and resolution beyond what is available in the market today for autonomous vehicles. What this means for our customers is a more capable sensor which enables safer and higher performance autonomous perception systems
Our Lidar team has a decade of history in delivering Geiger-mode products for other industries, and we are optimizing these technologies for automotive-oriented mass production. Our design is novel from a technical standpoint and offers performance essential to scaling the deployment of driverless cars.
The Lead Reliability Engineer will be interfacing with cross functional teams and external partners to ensure that Argo Lidar is a robust and reliable product.
What you’ll do:
- Define new test specifications, methodology and test coverage to assure Argo Lidar reliability
- Provide hands-on reliability test design and execution
- Perform reliability prediction of failure mechanisms on products under development and products in the field
- You will engage with cross-disciplinary engineers and outside partners to drive key aspects of product definition, execution and test
- You will own the definition and specifications of Argo Lidar reliability testing
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or a related field
- Experience in reliability engineering or consumer electronics
- Experience performing reliability testing including Mechanical Stress Tests, Electrical Stress Tests, Shock/Drop/Vibration Testing, Environmental Testing, Age Acceleration
- Familiarity with FMEA, fishbones, DOEs, etc to build reliable products
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Enjoy working on multiple projects at the same time
- Ability to drive testing and resolve issues in an autonomous manner
- Familiar with data analysis tools such as JMP, Matlab, or Python
- Experience with IC/semiconductor reliability testing and terminology is a plus
- Prior work with CMs/Suppliers is a plus
- Automotive, aerospace, or medical qualification experience helpful
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup