Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
As the foundation of Argo AI engineering, the Dev Infra team is poised to scale the ever-growing engineering practice and to build the most productive engineering team in the world. We build the infrastructure and tooling that touch all phases and all aspects of software development: from source management to deploying to individual AVs roaming around different cities, from distributed building/testing to orchestrating container based integration tests in the cloud, from customizing and installing OSs and firmware to building CLI and web based applications.
Building a self-driving vehicle requires a lot of automation across multiple activities in the company like our codebase, build systems, tests, operations etc.
What you’ll do:
- Develop fleet, operations and software automation for internal stakeholders.
- Engage closely with internal customers and build up requirements and designs reflecting current business needs
- Design, build and support those tools.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Experience in user friendly tools, ideally heavily utilizing open-source software components
- Good sense of ownership.
- Strong software skills in Python
- Excellent communication skills are required given our distributed and diverse team
- As a plus: Previous experience leading projects in an agile software environment
- As a plus: Experience mentoring junior engineers
- As a plus: Experience with chatops or Errbot
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.