Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
The Manufacturing Systems Software Engineering team at Argo AI is responsible for building, delivering, and supporting Argo's software releases to our engineering and manufacturing partners. You will be working with a highly cross-functional team of systems, software, and hardware engineers. As the lead for the Manufacturing Systems Software team, you will be responsible for managing and mentoring the team as well as providing technical leadership in the architecture, design, and delivery of software for Argo's self-driving systems.
What you'll do:
- Manage and deliver software releases to our engineering and manufacturing partners.
- Design and develop software processes and tools for manufacturing and test environments.
- Support development of integration, testing, and validation software targeting a wide array of hardware platforms.
- Responsible for personnel management tasks including hiring, goal planning, progress tracking, mentoring, reviewing employee performance, and team status reporting.
What we're looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Strong leadership skills suitable for recruiting, leading, and managing a team of engineers to deliver high quality software.
- Significant product development and manufacturing experience including the delivery of complex hardware and software products.
- Experience delivering software to support hardware development life cycles (EVT, DVT, PVT).
- Strong programming skills in at least one language such as C++ or Python.
- Knowledge of software and associated frameworks in engineering/manufacturing environments for testing, verification/validation, change control, configuration/release management, etc.
- Quantitative / analytical mindset to probe, test and decompose challenging system problems into root cause issues with strong, detail oriented skills to solve them.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Prefer candidates with experience developing highly complex hardware systems in robotics, transportation, aerospace, consumer electronics, defense, medical, energy, or similar industries.
- Open to travel to remote offices, test facilities, engineering partners, and manufacturing partners.
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.