Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
The Argo AI Motion Planning team is the team that brings all of the autonomy inputs together. The team is responsible for taking perception, prediction, and mapping inputs and combining them to generate a safe, yet comfortable ride. This role will involve work on high-level decision making. This includes route planning, reasoning about lane geometry, intersections, traffic light decision making, lane changes, merging, other actors on the road (such as vehicles, pedestrians, bicyclists, etc.) among other things. Work by this team also involves taking these decisions and producing trajectories for the vehicle to drive.
What you'll do:
- Design and develop algorithms throughout the Motion Planning stack, which could include things ranging from route planning, trajectory optimization, decision making, and even some ride comfort work.
- Test and debug algorithms and code being ran on the vehicle. Including:
- Simulation testing
- Log playback and resim
- Cloud simulation
- On vehicle testing
- Work with other teams to ensure capabilities align with Motion Planning needs.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Strong theoretical and applied skills in subsets of Motion Planning: Motion/trajectory planning and route planning applied to land, air, space, or water-based robots such as behavioral planning, shortest path, obstacle avoidance, A*, D*, lattice, and RRT to name a few
- Hands on experience with real platforms and with an intimate understanding of the challenges of working with complex systems and a quantitative/data driven approach to improve system performance
- Experience building systems that must convey intent as well as making optimal decisions and/or interact with humans on a regular basis, preferred
- Strong software skills are required but we are language agnostic. A willingness to gain stronger software engineering knowledge and deep expertise in C++ and some python is required
- Strong presentation and communication skills are desired
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.