Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
The FPGA Firmware Engineering team at Argo AI is responsible for developing and validating a broad array of safety critical code for our sensor and computer systems. Firmware Engineers work with cross functional teams to develop the requirements, architectures, and logic for FPGAs in our embedded systems. As a Senior Engineer on the FPGA Firmware Engineering team, you will be responsible for designing and implementing programmable logic as well as providing technical leadership in the architecture and integration of FPGAs in our embedded platforms.
What you’ll do:
- Deliver safety critical programmable logic designs for FPGAs in a robotics and automotive environment
- Design firmware architectures and guide implementations for embedded systems
- Drive the execution of FPGA design, implementation, and testing for applications including sensor processing, sensor control, and system diagnostics and monitoring
- Work with hardware and software engineers across Argo AI to integrate FPGA designs into our autonomy and sensor products
What we're looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Significant product design experience with full FPGA lifecycles including shipping products with FPGAs
- Strong experience with HDL (SystemVerilog, Verilog, VHDL)
- Strong experience with FPGA design and verification flows
- Experience with High Level Synthesis (HLS) tools
- Experience with verification tools (QuestaSim)
- Quantitative / analytical mindset to probe, test and decompose challenging system problems into root cause issues with strong, detail oriented skills to solve them
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Experience with systems requiring high levels of reliability and functional safety (ISO26262)
- Experience with hardware components for robotics / automotive systems including sensing, signal processing, and communication protocols
- Prefer candidates with experience developing highly complex hardware systems in robotics, transportation, aerospace, consumer electronics, defense, medical, energy, or similar industries
- Open to occasional travel to remote offices, test facilities, engineering partners, or manufacturing partners
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.