Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
Argo AI is looking to expand our Jobs Platform team! We are seeking a strong Senior Software Engineer to help deliver extremely high scale - 10,000s of CPU, TB’s of RAM - cloud services. You will also work closely with our Machine Learning and Vehicle Operations teams accelerate the advancement of the Argo AV. The Jobs Platform is intended to accelerate the development of autonomous vehicles by allowing teams to develop workloads for Simulation, Re-Simulation, Autonomy validation, Analysis, Map Validation, Data Mining, etc. This platform manages units of work (Jobs), and executes batches in parallel at a massive scale and with maximum cost efficiency.
What you’ll do:
- Deliver extremely high-scale services to internal stakeholders: Machine Learning, Mapping, Labeling, Search, Triage, Autonomy, and Vehicle Operations teams
- Develop and manage backend systems built on top of PostgreSQL and Kubernetes
- Develop infrastructure automation using Terraform to support service deployment
- Build rich workflows and data visualizations in React/Typescript
- Deploy web services and APIs within Kubernetes
- Provide detailed technical documentation and training for the platform
- Work closely with vehicle operation, autonomy integration, and development teams to identify key features to improve overall delivery of critical features to the AV
- Hands on development in Go, Python, and/or Typescript
- Build services to provide status, generate reports, organize workloads into batches, deploy across multiple clusters, integrate with CICD platforms, etc
- Develop monitoring, alerting, and runbooks to ensure platform stability
- Develop new capabilities to organize and manage workload dependencies with directed graphs
- Be extremely user focused and work directly with your customers on the AV teams
- Build advanced scheduling techniques to first analyses the nature of a workload to maximize compute resources
- Employ a multi-cluster, multi-region, multi-cloud deployment strategy to optimize cost and diversify workloads for reliability
What we're looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Experience with scaling cloud services and building highly available services
- Experience with backend technologies: Go, Python, PostgreSQL
- Experience building and maintaining REST API with scalable Auth strategies
- Experience with front-end technologies: React, Angular, Typescript
- Experience with automating tasks, being results oriented and customer driven
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup