Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
Argo AI Cloud Platform engineers create reusable architecture patterns for cloud engineering via infrastructure as code for Argo teams to leverage as common shared components and educate Argo teams on how to architect their solutions for scale, security, and reviewed changes through automation. The Cloud Platform team interacts with engineering teams spanning from remote vehicle operations, ingest/data processing, mapping, labeling, triage, machine learning (detection, prediction, tracking), motion planning/control, offline simulation, and release/deployment teams to unify development practices and scalable efficiency of cloud/cloud native technologies
Engineers in the Cloud Platform team will be based in either Pittsburgh, PA or Palo Alto, CA.
What you’ll do:
- Design and implement scalable distributed systems in the cloud to facilitate the development of self-driving vehicles.
- Contribute to self-driving vehicle log ingest/processing, simulation, and related applications to enable fully autonomous vehicles.
- Take ownership of end-to-end processes and infrastructure automation for Argo engineering teams to deploy services into the cloud and establish/advocate shared engineering patterns.
What you'll need to succeed:
- A degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Robotics or a related field.
- Hands on development in Python, Go, or Java to create production level services that incorporate CI/CD.
- Experience in using infrastructure as code to automate the creation of cloud resources. E.g. Terraform, Cloud Formation, or others.
- Strong experience with architecting/deploying scalable services and workloads in the cloud (AWS, GCP) and/or cloud native environments.
- Strong experience with deployment management/scheduling/high availability/failure modes for distributed applications and compute workloads running on CPUs, GPUs, and/or TPUs.
- Understand engineering design limitations and provide guidance for teams to scale their deployments in the cloud so that they can achieve desired performance within budget.
- Experience creating reusable deployment patterns for teams to adopt, that incorporate networking, security, monitoring, logging, alerting, continuous integration and deployments.
- Understanding of API specification languages (e.g. Open API 2.0/gRPC) and the ability to create reusable code via code generation, templates, and other rapid development techniques for teams to consume.
- Leverage and modify open source tools to meet unique requirements for internal teams, including but not limited to Kubernetes, Prometheus, FluentD, Itsio, Envoy, CoreDNS, etcd, Flux, among others.
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.