Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
Building a self-driving vehicle requires gathering a huge amount of data. At Argo AI we have a fleet of cars driving on city streets and recording everything the car does into vehicle logs. The Data Core team owns building the infrastructure to ingest into AWS and process petabytes of autonomous vehicle data. Skills in Python, Java, EMR/Spark and Terraform are highly relevant.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the Data Core team of 5 to 7 developers to build Argo’s scalable data ingestion and processing systems. This involves a mix of edge computing installed on vehicle depots and AWS based systems.
- Be a key contributor to the team’s code base.
- Own the teams architecture and be responsible for its implementation.
- Develop proof of concepts and Architecture Designs.
- Establish engineering best practices, and participate in code/architecture reviews.
- Work closely with vehicle operation, autonomy integration, and development teams to identify key features to improve overall delivery of critical features to the AV.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Robotics or a related field.
- Deep experience with Python, Java, EMR/Spark, Linux, Terraform, and/or C++.
- Great technical leadership and mentoring experience in leading a team of experienced software engineers.
- Strong cross-team communication skills and very customer driven.
- Experience with scaling cloud and on premise systems
- Experience building highly available systems
- Experience with gRPC and REST back-end services
- Experience building and operating scalable data processing pipelines
- Broad software development and architectural skills.
- Expert level knowledge of cloud technologies including AWS, GCP, Kubernetes, and similar products
- Excellent communication skills are required given our distributed and diverse team.
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.