Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
The Hardware Engineering Compute team at Argo is responsible for developing and integrating complex, high-performance, and fail safe, computing systems as part of our self-driving systems. Our diverse multidisciplinary team interacts with a number of teams across Argo, our OEM partners and our supply base. Hardware Design Engineers architect, design, implement, and test the hardware and computing platforms which will execute Argo’s autonomy software, we work closely with Argo’s software and operations teams.
What you’ll do:
- Participate in the hardware architecture, design definition, and development of our fail-safe hardware and computing platforms
- Perform component selection, schematic design reviews, board layout reviews, signal/power integrity reviews, bring-up, and debug of integrated hardware and software systems
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to support the product development, bring-up, debug, and release to production
- Develop functional specifications, procedures, and other documentation required for integrating complex computing modules into self-driving systems
- Lead and supervise the design, layout, and manufacturing of PCBAs along with their higher level assemblies
- Support automotive functional safety activities, worst case circuit analysis, and DFMEA
- Support and perform EMC/EMI/ESD testing, thermal / reliability testing, hardware verification and validation
- Work with a wide variety of interfaces such as but not limited to: SGMII, PCIe, DDR, USB, I2C/SMBus, SPI, 1000BASE-T1, CAN
- Work with a world class team of experts with a wide range of backgrounds across robotics, medical devices, aerospace, consumer products, enterprise equipment, and automotive design
- Interface with our OEM partners, JDM/ODM/OEM suppliers, & component suppliers
- Travel to remote offices, test facilities, engineering partners, or manufacturing partners
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or a related field
- Experience working through an entire product development cycle of application specific hardware designs
- Experience working with digital design experience with processors, microcontrollers, and/or high speed interfaces
- Familiarity with electrical schematic capture, layout, and release tools (ODB++, Gerber files, Allegro PCB, etc)
- Familiarity and basic experience with electrical debug and test equipment; ie: oscilloscopes, multimeters, logic analyzers, JTAG tools, etc
- Basic knowledge of embedded software concepts. Should be comfortable performing debug and bring-up in conjunction with software teams, comfortable using scripts, and Linux based OSes
- Good communication skills with diverse cross functional teams & external partners
- A positive and self-driven individual, who is detail oriented, responsible, and desires to challenge themselves by learning new skills or technologies
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup