Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
This role will involve analysis of the AV’s perception system, with a specific focus on multi-sensor detection and tracking, as well as trajectory prediction performance. A significant amount of time will be devoted to designing and implementing metrics for use with machine learning, offline simulation, closed track tests, and driving on public roads. The role also incorporates data science aspects for studying trends in metrics, as well as building interactive reporting tools for data exploration.
What you’ll do:
- Design and develop metrics for analyzing the performance of the perception and prediction systems on real and synthetic data
- Implement data visualizations to understand trends in metrics, as well as navigating through the raw data
- Work closely with fellow software engineers to ensure computed metrics accurately characterize the system behavior
- Manage and improve the data processing pipelines to automatically identify events of interest, and improve ease of use for managing datasets when conducted machine learning
- Document and share metrics with the organization for wider visibility and adoption
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Strong software skills are required but we are language agnostic. A willingness to gain stronger software engineering knowledge and deep expertise in Python, C++ and SQL is required
- Data visualization experience is strongly desired
- Strong presentation and communication skills are desired
- Background in robotic perception (cameras, lidar, radar, sensor fusion, tracking) is desired
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup