Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
The Senior Software Engineer will develop systems software for computer vision, image based tracking, and stereo based classification for use in autonomous vehicles.
What you'll do:
- Develop geometric computer vision algorithms that enable detection of small objects at far range and improved tracking for objects in the forward FOV;
- Design and implement improvements to stereovision and new optical flow algorithms to enable detections;
- Devise metrics and analyze performance of the systems developed by the team;
- Develop obscurant detection algorithms for imagery;
- Turn algorithm exploration based on rigorous and pragmatic A vs B experiments evaluated extensively on data into models/software running on vehicles;
- Work with data collection to select and label relevant data to improve our supervised training;
- Work with the tracking team to ensure that stereo segmentations meet tracking needs;
- Assist in the development of a stereovision ground truth dataset; and
- Develop realistic physics based models of pedestrians for tracking.
What we're looking for:
- Ph.D. or foreign equivalent in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field of study, together with five (5) years of experience in a related occupation
- Will also accept a Master of Science degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field of study, together with eight (8) years of experience in a related occupation.
- Will also accept a Bachelor of Science degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field of study, together with ten (10) years of experience in a related occupation.
- Previous work experience or academic coursework/research must have included:
- Academic research in Computer Vision or Machine Learning;
- End-to-end deployment of real software products/platforms into production environments;
- Software engineering in modern C++ and Python;
- Detection algorithm subsets, including classification, scene understanding, and object detection;
- Incorporating machine learning and computer vision into real world applications;
- Real-time applications; and
- Physics-based modeling.
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup