Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
Argo AI’s Lidar team is developing a disruptive Geiger-mode lidar enabling rich point cloud range and resolution beyond what is available in the market today for autonomous vehicles. What this means for our customers is a more capable sensor which enables safer and more performant autonomous perception systems.
Our Lidar team has a decade of history in delivering Geiger-mode products for other industries, and we are optimizing our Geiger-mode technology for automotive-oriented mass production. Our design is novel from a technical standpoint and will offer performance essential to scaling the deployment of driverless cars. As a Software Engineer focused on lidar signal processing, you will be responsible for the analysis of signal processing algorithms used to generate range and intensity data from sparse, raw data collected from our Geiger-mode sensors. We’re looking for someone who has expertise in building, deploying, and utilizing data analysis tools in addition to applying these techniques to solve challenging signal processing problems.
What you’ll do:
- Analyze the performance of signal processing algorithms used in our lidar systems
- Develop scalable data analysis pipelines capable of iterating over massive sets of sensor data
- Assist in the development of sparse statistical processing algorithms to analyze raw data generated by Geiger-mode lidar systems, extracting accurate and precise metrics such as range, intensity, and other relevant data
- Analyze reference data sets to characterize and calibrate sensor behavior against the performance of various statistical processing algorithms
- Develop data analysis tools and automated pipelines to calculate and report summaries of lidar system behavior based on signal processing designs and parameters
- Collaborate with Argo’s hardware and software teams to improve next generation lidar system designs based on signal processing requirements
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Expertise in applied statistics and digital signal processing
- Experience in point cloud analysis
- Experience with Python 3.6+ is critical
- Prefer experience with PySpark and AWS services
- Experience with GmAPD detectors is highly desirable, but not required
- Familiarity with lidar performance metrics like range accuracy and probability of detection
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.