Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
Argo AI’s Lidar team is developing a disruptive Geiger-mode lidar enabling rich point cloud range and resolution beyond what is available in the market today for autonomous vehicles. What this means for our customers is a more capable sensor which enables safer and more performant autonomous perception systems.
Our Lidar team has a decade of history in delivering Geiger-mode products for other industries, and we are optimizing our Geiger-mode technology for automotive-oriented mass production. Our design is novel from a technical standpoint and will offer performance essential to scaling the deployment of driverless cars. As a Software Engineer focused on lidar signal processing, you will be responsible for the analysis of signal processing algorithms used to generate range and intensity data from sparse, raw data collected from our Geiger-mode sensors. We’re looking for someone who has expertise in building, deploying, and utilizing data analysis tools in addition to applying these techniques to solve challenging signal processing problems.
What you’ll do:
- Analyze the performance of signal processing algorithms used in our lidar systems
- Develop scalable data analysis pipelines capable of iterating over massive sets of sensor data
- Assist in the development of sparse statistical processing algorithms to analyze raw data generated by Geiger-mode lidar systems, extracting accurate and precise metrics such as range, intensity, and other relevant data
- Analyze reference data sets to characterize and calibrate sensor behavior against the performance of various statistical processing algorithms
- Develop data analysis tools and automated pipelines to calculate and report summaries of lidar system behavior based on signal processing designs and parameters
- Collaborate with Argo’s hardware and software teams to improve next generation lidar system designs based on signal processing requirements
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Expertise in applied statistics and digital signal processing
- Experience in point cloud analysis
- Experience with Python 3.6+ is critical
- Prefer experience with PySpark and AWS services
- Experience with GmAPD detectors is highly desirable, but not required
- Familiarity with lidar performance metrics like range accuracy and probability of detection
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup