Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
The Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist (AVSTS) at Argo AI is responsible for operating our autonomous test platforms on public roads and on closed courses to ensure safety. AVSTS’s will learn about the underlying technology of our platforms and provide detailed feedback to our engineering team in the form of real-time test logs and summary reports. This process requires creating and following procedures on platform operations and continuously documenting results through use and interaction with our proprietary software. Be sure to check out our website to learn more about how our AVSTS's play a key role in how we test!
What you’ll do:
As an AVSTS, you will be responsible for the duties of AVS operations from both the left seat and the right seat. You will undergo a selective training program that educates and establishes expectations for manual driving fundamentals, left seat (driving) skills for autonomous operation and disengagement, and right seat (co-driving) skills for autonomous operation and system performance. In the left seat, you will be responsible for the safe, compliant operation of the AVS in both manual and autonomous modes. Here you will develop an acute sense for AVS performance, monitoring software improvements as they relate to vehicle dynamics and interactions with a dynamic environment, challenging intersections and other road users. You will be responsible for proactively searching and evaluating a dynamic traffic environment, ready to disengage autonomy in the event the AVS encounters a situation it cannot yet handle. In the right seat, you will be responsible for monitoring the software performance from a proprietary Graphical User Interface (GUI) on a laptop integrated with the AVS, proactively advising the left seat of any situations that warrant them to disengage autonomy. With the GUI as their primary sensory input, the right seat is very much like executing a virtual driving task, monitoring AVS’s perception, prediction and tracking of the dynamic environments and all other road users. Both roles require clear and concise communications with the right seat taking notes on AVS performance, highlighting both areas of AVS strengths and areas for improvement, so that engineers and developers can continuously improve the software. As the AVS and SW are continuously improving, the TS will remain up to date on relevant continuing education material, as well as policies and procedures. Note: This is an hourly, non-exempt position.
What we’re looking for:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent with two years of employment experience required. Associate or Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Must have valid driver’s license and ability to meet Argo’s minimum driving record requirements, as verified by Motor Vehicle Record background checks prior to hire and periodically thereafter
- Ability to monitor and test software via laptop in a moving vehicle and type proficiently
- Experience in a professional work environment where safety, honesty, procedure and/or software testing are emphasized
- Strong desire to learn new skills related to technology and software
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to span a large and varied workforce
- Detail oriented mindset with a focus on safety and procedure
- Ability to work in close quarters in a professional manner for extended periods of time
- Ability to work independently or with minimal supervision
- Ability to pass ten-panel drug screen and criminal background checks conducted prior to employment
- Willingness to travel to remote offices and test facilities as needed
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup