Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning, and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
Argo AI is searching for a Procurement Manager with a background in purchasing, negotiating cost reductions and contract review to oversee daily purchasing operations including team leadership as well as contributions as an individual. The ideal candidate will lead by example, display sound moral judgement, be highly disciplined, detail oriented and experienced with policy & procedure development.
What you’ll do:
- As an individual contributor, purchasing activities including leading select contract negotiations, participation in the agreement review process, draft statements of work, create purchase orders, establish and manage select vendor relationships, collect & review vendor documents (W-9s, Certificates of Insurance)
- Day-to-day management and mentoring of Procurement Team including balancing workload between team members, providing strategic cost reduction guidance, advising on best practices and leading team & individual meetings
- Implement cost avoidance & reduction strategies
- Maintain a high level of internal customer service
- Responsible for overseeing contract management tools, all company purchase orders from centralized procurement department, vendor screening tools, and departmental policies & procedures
- Work with purchase requesters to understand their request and to identify best suppliers to meet cost, quality and lead time requirements
- Interact with vendors and internal stakeholders from Facilities, IT, Operations and other teams
- Triage conflicting priorities from competing internal stakeholders, pivoting direction quickly as necessary. Providing guidance to team members on prioritization
- Analyze legal and business issues and provide recommendations for commercial positions in order to minimize financial and legal risks to the company
- Review existing agreements to extract information & enter into various databases
- Responsible for creating, supporting and executing on OKR’s
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant purchasing & contract review experience in fast-growing organizations
- Minimum of 3 years managing teams
- Tech savvy: Have meaningful prior experience with Quickbooks, Netsuite, Oracle or other enterprise-level ERP systems
- Must be comfortable with G-Suite, Excel, Word & Adobe
- Knowledge of high technology, robotics, computing or aerospace is a preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must be highly organized, detail-oriented and able to manage multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously
- Strong emphasis on persistence to resolve open items and meet deadlines
- Ability to follow through on the execution of assigned tasks
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, a pleasant demeanor and enthusiasm for the work of purchasing and negotiation
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup