Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
Our lidar team has a decade of history in delivering Geiger-mode products for other industries, and we are optimizing these technologies for automotive-oriented mass production. Our design is novel from a technical standpoint and offers performance essential to scaling the deployment of driverless cars. The mechanical engineering team links the lasers, sensors, optics, and rotating platform sub-assemblies together into a robust and reliable system. Because of the integrated nature of this design, you will regularly interface with cross-functional engineers to design within the constraints and performance requirements of the lidar and autonomy system.
What you’ll do:
- Interface with manufacturing partners on design and bring-up of lidar hardware
- Lead cross-functional work to establish lidar mechanical integration requirements and designs
- Develop and execute reliability and validation tests for new systems
- Design components and systems for proof of concept analysis and testing
- Perform testing and data collections to validate concepts and systems
- Develop risk assessments for new subsystems
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Robotics Engineering, Physics or a related field
- Experience designing mechanical parts and assemblies including 2D drawing GD&T, interface control documents, and manufacturing specifications
- A record of owning projects successfully and working in a fast paced environment
- Strong experience developing design requirements, conducting trade studies, developing prototype designs, executing design analysis / simulation, integrating prototypes, conducting verification / validation testing, debugging design failures, and deploying designs to mass production
- Strong experience with 3D design tools such as SolidWorks, Catia, or other CAD tools
- Prefer experience with PLM, PDM, ECO, and BOM tools and processes
- Quantitative / analytical mindset to probe, test and decompose challenging system problems into root cause issues
- Experience in functional testing, reliability testing, and qualification of systems
- Ability to serve cross functional roles in a young company
- Prefer candidates with FEA experience in simulation tools such as SolidWorks simulation, ANSYS, or similar tools
- Prefer candidates with experience working with contract manufacturers
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup