Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning, and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
Argo AI is searching for an Export Control & Logistics Manager with a background in international shipping, Harmonized Tariff Schedule classification, Export Administration Regulations and International Traffic in Arms Regulation. This position will oversee all Logistics and Shipping & Receiving operations at all Argo facilities. The ideal candidate will be highly disciplined and experienced with leading robust documentation in rapidly evolving business environments.
What you’ll do:
- Review and approve all documentation related to international shipments with a focus on US Customs and Border Protection, Department of Commerce Bureau of Industry and Security, U.S. Treasury Office of Foreign Assets Control, EAR & ITAR compliance, and all other government agencies that impact customs and export controls
- Comply with ECCN product classification and HTS/Schedule B determinations by working with subject matter experts from technical team as well as outside consultants
- Create Bill of Ladings and coordinate shipments/freight pick-up when necessary
- Supervise Logistics team with responsibility over all Argo shipping and receiving operations
- Oversee all non-inventoried tracked assets
- Coordinate with Argo’s internal Legal teams, including Compliance and Risk Management, and with outside consultants on commodity jurisdiction and export classification
- Stay current on changes to export control regulations
- Work with Legal team to develop and refine export policies and procedures related to international shipments
- Develop and conduct international shipping and export control training for relevant stakeholders
- Ensure company-wide compliance to applicable export policies
- Manage relationships, negotiate rates, and monitor shipments with freight carriers. Identify and establish new vendor relationships for improved performance and cost reduction
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong understanding of export compliance and all government entities that oversee international trade
- Prefer: A minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in fast-growing organizations and experience leading teams at/across multiple locations
- Tech savvy: Have meaningful prior experience with Quickbooks, Netsuite, Oracle or other enterprise-level ERP systems
- Must be comfortable with G-Suite, Excel, Word & Adobe
- Knowledge of high technology, robotics, computing or aerospace is a preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must be highly organized, detail-oriented and able to manage multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously
- Strong emphasis on persistence to resolve open items and meet deadlines
- Ability to follow through on the execution of assigned tasks
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, a pleasant demeanor and enthusiasm for the work of purchasing and negotiation
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup