Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
The Analytics team is responsible for delivering the platform and services needed to ingest, transform, store, query, and visualize the data needed to provide actionable insights and drive decision making at Argo AI. The team serves the analytics needs of the entire organization including Hardware, Software, Operations, Management, and others. We are hiring an Engineering Manager to lead the Analytics Platform team. This team is responsible for the development of software tooling and management of our platform’s infrastructure. This is a high visibility role that will provide the opportunity to learn about, interact with, and add significant value to every part of Argo supporting our goal of building safe, reliable, and efficient self-driving vehicles.
What you’ll do:
- Manage a team of Software Developers and Infrastructure Engineers responsible for Argo’s Analytics Platform
- Attract and hire the best talent available with expertise in Analytics and Big Data Platform & Infrastructure technology
- Leverage your deep technical expertise to lead the team in continually delivering outsized value for clients
- Partner with internal customers to understand their needs, set expectations, plan & manage projects, and regularly communicate status
- Ensure the team is motivated and productive and continually delivers at a high level of output
- Establish and enforce engineering best practices and participate in code and architecture reviews
- Deliver outstanding service to our internal customers through the delivery of high quality and impactful projects
- Continually drive down technical debt and eliminate quality issues while simultaneously providing outstanding production support services to clients
- Manage priorities and ensure smooth cross-team coordination
- Provide status to leadership and clients regularly
- Conduct performance reviews and provide continuous feedback to team members
- Develop proof of concepts and/or architecture designs
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- 8+ years of total experience with 3+ years managing senior level Software Developers and Infrastructure Engineers working in Analytics & Big Data Infrastructure
- Strong hands on technical skills and working knowledge of Python, SQL, Spark, Airflow, Kubernetes, Elasticsearch, Data Warehouses (Redshift, BigQuery, etc.), BI platforms (Looker, Tableau, etc.) and Cloud Services (AWS or GCP)
- Outstanding track record of delivering outsized value to clients and managing customer / leadership expectations
- Strong team player that can collaborate and communicate effectively with others
- Experience building highly scalable, reliable, and maintainable data systems
- Prior experience working as a lead or senior level software engineer
- Strong presentation and communication skills
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup