Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
Our lidar team has a decade of history in delivering Geiger-mode and laser products for other industries, and we are optimizing these technologies for automotive-oriented mass production. Our design is novel from a technical standpoint and offers performance essential to scaling the deployment of driverless cars. For this position, we are seeking an Optoelectronic Device Test Engineer who will regularly interface with cross-functional engineers to test the functionality, reliability, and performance of optoelectronic components and assemblies.
What you’ll do:
- Test photodetectors, laser diodes, receiver modules, and transmitter modules for device functionality, reliability, and performance
- Analyze results and provide feedback to device design engineers
- Develop new tests and test stations for photodetectors, laser diodes, receiver modules, and transmitter modules
- Work with foundries to develop component- and wafer-level test procedures needed for volume production and automotive qualification
- Develop comprehensive documentation of test plans, test results and analysis
- Support lidar system integration and testing
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Materials Engineering or a related field
- Experience in functional testing, reliability testing, and qualification of optoelectronic devices and assemblies
- Experience in optomechanical design of test set fixturing and setups
- Preferred experience in automation of test station functionality
- Preferred understanding of optoelectronic device physics
- Preferred industry experience in the full lifecycle of product development, from prototyping through transfer to contract manufacturing
- Experience writing robust engineering documentation used by cross-functional teams
- Ability to distill and communicate complex results to a broad audience of cross-functional teams
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup