Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
Perception is one of the critical pillars for a level 4 self driving system. The vehicle needs to take the sensor data from cameras, LiDAR and radar, and perceive the world in real-time and produce high quality inference on all relevant objects in the world and their motions to the rest of the system. This a problem that requires tying together bleeding edge research in machine learning and geometric computer vision into a hardened product capable of real-time performance on customized hardware.
We're looking for strong technical leaders with expertise in any of the following areas: geometric computer vision, tracking, localization, calibration, detection, stereo vision, prediction, or any other perception related field.
What you’ll do:
- Lead strong technical teams to build, design, implement and manage robust, performant systems that process imagery, lidar and radar on custom hardware to deliver the perception needs for our Autonomous Vehicle
- Influence and establish best engineering practices through solid design decisions, processes and tools
- Provide leadership and management for the Perception teams to work efficiently and effectively against an aggressive schedule
- Manage collaboration with cross-functional teams to streamline and improve communication
- Work with our high powered scientist team to turn the latest machine learning algorithms into a hardened, real-time software product that runs on our vehicles
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Managed or has served as tech lead for small teams
- Experience in leading technical efforts to build computer vision products
- Experience in growing, managing and mentoring software teams that operate at the nexus of developing robust and performant products, built on cutting edge computer vision applications
- Experienced software engineer working on problems with advanced algorithms or researcher with a track record of real world applications involving solid software engineering
- Strong leadership skills suitable for recruiting, leading and managing a team of engineers to solve a challenging problem and build a critical components of a real-time system
- We are building a product, so candidates with hands on experience that have deployed real products or platforms and intimately understand the challenges of working with complex systems are highly desired
- Strong presentation and communication skills
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.