Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
Perception is one of the critical pillars for a level 4 self driving system. The vehicle needs to take the sensor data from cameras, LiDAR and radar, and perceive the world in real-time and produce high quality inference on all relevant objects in the world and their motions to the rest of the system. This a problem that requires tying together bleeding edge research in machine learning and geometric computer vision into a hardened product capable of real-time performance on customized hardware.
We're looking for strong technical leaders with expertise in any of the following areas: geometric computer vision, tracking, localization, calibration, detection, stereo vision, prediction, or any other perception related field.
What you’ll do:
- Lead strong technical teams to build, design, implement and manage robust, performant systems that process imagery, lidar and radar on custom hardware to deliver the perception needs for our Autonomous Vehicle
- Influence and establish best engineering practices through solid design decisions, processes and tools
- Provide leadership and management for the Perception teams to work efficiently and effectively against an aggressive schedule
- Manage collaboration with cross-functional teams to streamline and improve communication
- Work with our high powered scientist team to turn the latest machine learning algorithms into a hardened, real-time software product that runs on our vehicles
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Managed or has served as tech lead for small teams
- Experience in leading technical efforts to build computer vision products
- Experience in growing, managing and mentoring software teams that operate at the nexus of developing robust and performant products, built on cutting edge computer vision applications
- Experienced software engineer working on problems with advanced algorithms or researcher with a track record of real world applications involving solid software engineering
- Strong leadership skills suitable for recruiting, leading and managing a team of engineers to solve a challenging problem and build a critical components of a real-time system
- We are building a product, so candidates with hands on experience that have deployed real products or platforms and intimately understand the challenges of working with complex systems are highly desired
- Strong presentation and communication skills
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup