Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
The Vehicle Integration Team at Argo AI is responsible for ensuring the various hardware components of the self-driving system are properly integrated into our fleet of autonomous test vehicles. This includes working with our discipline and responsible engineers to ensure components themselves and their mechanical and electrical integration meet supplier and system level requirements. We also lead vehicle builds and support the bring up and commissioning of various test assets such as test benches, breadboards, and HIL labs.
What you’ll do:
- Work with hardware engineers to ensure components of the self-driving system are properly integrated into the vehicle platform including: computers and networking devices; lidar, radar, camera, ultrasonic and inertial sensors; actuators, cooling, cleaning, and power distribution systems
- Interpret electrical and mechanical schematics/drawings to ensure appropriate installations and design considerations.
- Work with systems, hardware, and software engineers to develop and perform vehicle end-of-line functional checks
- Develop procedures for flashing various firmware, software, and configuration files
- Utilize diagnostic tools to troubleshoot and resolve issues that arise during prototype and pre-production builds
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Experience in an applicable engineering position with integration responsibilities
- Experience working with sensors and compute modules utilized in the automotive, aerospace, or robotics fields
- Experience testing and validating above components and validating system integration
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills, including a systematic approach to determining root cause, implementing solutions, and documenting results
- Strong desire to learn new skills related to technology and software
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to span a large and varied workforce
- Proven self-starter mindset and the ability to work independently or with minimal supervision
- Ability to legally operate a motor vehicle
- Master’s degree in an engineering field - Mechanical, Electrical, Robotics, Aerospace
- 5+ years of experience in an applicable engineering position with integration responsibilities
- Experience with Solidworks and/or CATIA
- Experience with Linux operating system
- Experience with common programming languages
- Experience working with automotive communications protocols (CAN, CAN-FD, BroadR-Reach)
- Experience creating and maintaining electrical schematics
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup