Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning, and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
Argo AI is searching for a Procurement Coordinator with a background in purchasing, negotiating cost savings, and document review . The procurement team is all about driving transactional work to completion while providing world-class customer service to the organization. Additionally, the Procurement Coordinator will need to balance functioning at a very rapid pace while practicing good judgment and keeping cost saving at a high-priority.
What you’ll do:
- Respond to internal purchase requisitions, create purchase orders, place online orders, reconcile credit card statements, set-up vendors in the accounting systems, collect & review vendor documents (W-9s, Certificates of Insurance)
- Develop an understanding of company Chart of Accounts to properly code transactions
- Assist with creating agreements using Argo standard templates
- Negotiate pricing and terms with vendors
- Work with purchase requesters to understand their request and to identify best suppliers to meet cost, quality and lead time requirements
- Interact with vendors and internal stakeholders from Facilities, IT, Operations and other teams
- Analyze legal and business issues and provide recommendations for commercial positions in order to minimize financial and legal risks to the company
- Review existing agreements to extract information & enter into various databases
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Prefer minimum of 2-5 years of relevant experience in fast-growing organizations
- Tech savvy: Have meaningful prior experience with Quickbooks, Netsuite, Oracle or other enterprise-level ERP systems
- Must be comfortable with G-Suite, Excel, Word & Adobe
- Knowledge of high technology, robotics, computing or aerospace is a preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must be highly organized, detail-oriented and able to manage multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously
- Strong emphasis on persistence to resolve open items and meet deadlines
- Ability to follow through on the execution of assigned tasks
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, a pleasant demeanor and enthusiasm for the work of purchasing and negotiation
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup