Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
Building an AV requires many operations teams; generating label data, creating our maps, producing simulations. The work of these teams must be coordinated and progress tracked. We are looking for candidates who are excited about building the tools and systems for managing hundreds to thousands of operations personnel and integrating their efforts with automated solutions. Lead a team that is leveraging cutting edge technologies to develop solutions that empower our autonomous vehicles.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a team working to manage and track work across large groups of human operators and pipelines supporting Argo’s self-driving cars
- Analyze existing approaches and drive on new and creative ways to improve efficiency
- Work closely with other internal teams to design, implement, validate, and integrate algorithms and machine learning based solutions
- Collaborate with engineers across teams to improve mapping and label data quality and introduce additional automated validations
- Understand how these products are consumed by different modules and teams throughout the organization, so that sensible design decisions can be made
- Implement highly scalable Java based services for managing workflows
- Interact with end users to understand UI needs and implement TypeScript frontends for driving workflows, tracking progress, and reviewing metrics
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Solid Java and TypeScript programming skills and software engineering practice
- Experience managing a team; defining roadmaps and overseeing execution
- 8+ years in industry, with 2+ yrs in leadership role
- Experience with database design
- Strong communication, problem-solving, task-prioritization and teamwork skills
- Experience in cloud based solutions a plus; AWS, Kubernetes
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup