Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning, and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable, and accessible for all.
Vehicle Operations’ essential function at Argo is to safely execute the test and road operations initiatives set forth by our engineering team. Vehicle Operations consists of a team of experts who understand Argo’s underlying vehicle technology and programs. The team then uses that information to effectively manage efforts to meet our mileage and performance goals. These programs will provide detailed feedback to our engineering team on how our vehicles are performing.
Precise calibration is a core technical problem for self-driving vehicles, one that affects every part of the autonomy stack. Scaling calibration to fleet operations and managing the calibrations across vehicles and time is essential to ensuring that a large fleet is provided with the most up-to-date and accurate calibrations of its sensors. Calibration includes not only traditional intrinsic and extrinsic calibration of a broad suite of sensors, but also thermal calibration, as a fleet must operate in a wide range of environmental conditions. To achieve this vision, we are looking for hands-on candidates who demonstrate both focused leadership, detailed planning, and technical expertise. This person should interface effectively with both the calibration engineering, test operations, and vehicle operations teams.
What you’ll do:
- Plan, execute, and manage all calibration operation efforts
- Manage a group of calibration operators to execute data collections and quality assurance checks
- Generate fleet-approved vehicle calibrations for remote operational cities that vehicle operations will utilize for all fleet missions
- Serve as subject matter expert to feed the training team calibration-related content for training purposes
- Work cross-functionally within Fleet Operations, Test Operations, and Engineering Teams, serving as a voice of the department to illustrate areas of need and accomplishment
- Cultivate and maintain a healthy, diverse work culture, and environment with a strong focus on safety by administering regular briefings with remote employees, performing continuing education classes, administering performance reviews and leading by example
- Will be responsible for development and implementation of policies and procedures to shape the department efforts
- Support calibration chamber design, setup, and maintenance at all new and existing sites
- Design and generate reporting and metrics of fleet-wide calibration health
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant experience required
- 3-5 years of AV operations, support, or relevant industry experience
- Management experience strongly preferred
- Detail oriented with good organizational skills
- Able to motivate and lead a team
- Strong desire for candidates with hands-on experience that have deployed real products or platforms into the real world and intimately understand the challenges of working with complex systems and systems at scale
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup