Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all. Engineers on the Visualization team will be based in either Pittsburgh, PA or Palo Alto, CA.
Autonomous Vehicles need to communicate vast amounts of data to humans: what it sees, where it will go, and how it will react to its environment. The Visualization Team presents this data to humans across the organization, including on-vehicle Test Specialists, developers, remote operators, and more. We combine stunning graphics with compelling user experiences to enhance safety and productivity as we develop, test, debug, and release our technology.
What you’ll do:
- Design and implement the 3D look and feel of the car’s understanding of the world
- Design and implement user experiences and interfaces
- Enhance our rendering platform to make it easy to make good-looking, intuitive 3D scenes
- Visualize massive amounts of data for real-time understanding of the car’s environment
- Coordinate with our dozens of stakeholders to build experiences that meet the needs of the organization
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Experience working in C++ for computer graphics
- Experience working with OpenGL, DirectX, Metal, or other rendering APIs
- Experience with Qt or other UI toolkits
- Familiarity with OpenSceneGraph or scene graph architectures
- A strong sense of good design principles, both in code and in user experiences
- Familiarity with core Computer Graphics principles
- Appreciation of simple, understandable code that uses best practices in software engineering
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup