Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
We view internships as an incredibly valuable part of our culture and of our recruiting pipeline. It’s our opportunity to see you in action in a way that is far more informative than an interview. For you, it is an opportunity to demonstrate your skills and character in a real world setting. Moreover, it is an opportunity for personal and professional development while learning something new and contributing to Argo AI’s effort to change the world!
Every intern will be paired with a senior member of our staff who will provide guidance and mentorship for the duration of the internship. Interns are considered contributing members of our project teams and participate in project meetings. Join us for a unique 12-14 week paid internship that offers personal and professional development, a fun work environment, and community-building.
Sensor calibration and integrity is a core technical problem for L4 self driving vehicles and a critical component for making autonomous vehicles safe. Calibration and Sensor Integrity team is responsible for the software and algorithms for calibrating Argo's fleet at scale and for online monitoring and reporting the integrity of perception sensors. The team works on offboard software for high quality calibration of lidars, cameras, IMUs and radars in production within a limited space and time budget. The team is also responsible for problems unique to building L4 self driving including onboard calibration validation and detection of reduced sensor performance such as sensor degradation, obstructions like dirt and water and estimation of external conditions such as fog.
What you’ll do:
As an intern you will be working with the calibration and sensor integrity team on researching and implementing novel algorithms for detecting sensor obstructions and degradation. As part of this you will be writing software to take your ideas into practice and validate them on real data. Your work will have significant cross-functional impact and will be incorporated in production. This internship will give you an opportunity to work on problems unique to autonomous vehicles at operating at scale.
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Pursuing a PhD in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field (must be enrolled in a full time degree program at the time of the internship). Strong Masters students will also be considered
- Experience solving inverse problems in computer vision, imaging and robotics
- Strong C++ programming with experience prototyping in Python and/or Matlab
- Strong mathematical skills, including linear algebra, optimization and numerical methods
- Fundamental understanding of computer vision areas: image processing, feature matching, pose estimation, calibration, structure from motion, optical flow, stereo vision
- Experience with machine learning and statistics desired
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Commuter reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup