Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
The Plant Software Engineering team at Argo AI is responsible for building, delivering, and supporting Argo’s software releases to our engineering and manufacturing partners. You will be working with a highly cross-functional team of systems, software, and hardware engineers. As the lead for Plant Software Engineering team, you will be responsible for managing and mentoring the team as well as providing technical leadership in the architecture, design, and delivery of software for Argo’s self-driving systems.
What you’ll do:
- Manage and deliver software releases to our engineering and manufacturing partners
- Design and develop software processes and tools for manufacturing environments
- Support development of integration, testing, and validation software targeting a wide array of hardware platforms
- Ensure successful integration and launch events at engineering and manufacturing partner locations around the world
- Responsible for personnel management including hiring, goal planning, progress tracking, mentoring, reviewing employee performance, and team status reporting
What we're looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Strong leadership skills suitable for recruiting, leading, and managing a team of engineers to deliver high quality software
- Significant product development and manufacturing experience including the delivery of complex software products
- Experience in the automotive industry is strongly preferred (OEM, Tier1, etc.)
- Strong programming skills in at least one language such as C++ or Python
- Knowledge of software and associated frameworks in engineering/manufacturing environments for testing, verification/validation, change control, configuration/release management, etc
- Quantitative / analytical mindset to probe, test and decompose challenging system problems into root cause issues with strong, detail oriented skills to solve them
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Prefer candidates with experience developing highly complex hardware systems in robotics, transportation, aerospace, consumer electronics, defense, medical, energy, or similar industries
- Ability to travel to remote offices, test facilities, engineering partners, and manufacturing partners across the US and internationally
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup