Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
This team solves problems that involve geometric computer vision: processing sensor data from Lidar or imagery and geometrically reasoning about that data. That data gets used in localization to estimate pose relative to the map or, over time, calibration to produce high quality calibrations of the sensors and vehicle, and in mapping to geometrically align the world.
What you’ll do:
- Be able to manage multiple managers on teams including, Localization, Calibration, Special Projects and Lidar Processing.
- Work on learning-based approaches to improve our visual localization and mapping system.
- Set the vision for, grow and lead a variety of strong technical teams with a mix of vision and Lidar algorithm experience and strong software experience.
- Work on geometric and learning-based approaches to improve our visual localization and mapping system
- Be deep in code with strength in software and, ideally, localization algorithms (GCV, SFM, SLAM, or other registration algorithms).
- Collaborate with engineers across a variety of teams to brainstorm and accelerate development of perception capabilities.
- Design, implement and validate algorithms to support robust and scalable mapping pipelines for Argo’s self-driving cars. In addition, you will also design and implement necessary metrics and tools
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- A hands on candidate who can lead up to 10 people to solve these challenges
- Strong fundamentals in geometric computer vision algorithms: pose estimation, numerical optimization, feature extraction, imagery and Lidar
- Familiarity with IMUs and probabilistic state estimation methods
- Ability to be deep into code and know how to drive a team to produce a high quality, runtime and a memory efficient, robust software product that can operate robustly under a range of real world conditions
- Strong software, and software engineering skills are required but we are language agnostic. A willingness to gain stronger software engineering knowledge and deep expertise in C++ and/or python is required
- Strong leadership skills suitable for recruiting, leading and managing small sets of teams of teams of engineers to solve a challenging problem and build a critical component of a real-time system
- Strong theoretical and applied knowledge of relevant subsets of localization-relevant algorithms. These may include: SFM, pose estimation, model fitting, SLAM, complex state estimation
- Strong desire for candidates with hands on experience that have deployed real products or platforms into the real world and intimately understand the challenges of working with complex systems
- Strong presentation and communication skills are desired
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup