Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
We view internships as an incredibly valuable part of our culture and of our recruiting pipeline. It’s our opportunity to see you in action in a way that is far more informative than an interview. For you, it is an opportunity to demonstrate your skills and character in a real world setting. Moreover, it is an opportunity for personal and professional development while learning something new and contributing to Argo AI’s effort to change the world!
Every intern will be paired with a senior member of our staff who will provide guidance and mentorship for the duration of the internship. Interns are considered contributing members of our project teams and participate in project meetings. Join us for a unique 12-14 week paid internship that offers personal and professional development, a fun work environment, and community-building.
Our Radar & Computer Vision Internship gives you an opportunity to work on complex computer science solutions, to develop scalable, distributed software systems, and also collaborate on multitudes of smaller projects that have universal appeal. All of these require research, awareness, interactivity, and the ability to ask the right questions.
What you’ll do:
- Work on the design and development of algorithms to robustly fuse the radar and monocular/stereo camera information.
- Develop methodologies to handle sensor spatial uncertainty, complementarity, and ambiguity.
- Develop production quality code and own your algorithms from design to production.
What we’re looking for:
- Must be enrolled in a full time degree program at the time of the internship and for the semester following the internship (Fall 2020)
- MS or PhD student in Computer Science/Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Robotics, Math or a related field
- Excellent software design and C++ programming skills
- Familiar with geometric computer vision & data association
- Plus: knowledge on radar data processing
- Strong mathematical skills, including linear algebra, numerical methods, and stochastic methods
- Passion for solving challenging, impactful problems
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Commuter reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup