Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
Sensor calibration and integrity is a core technical problem for L4 self driving vehicles and a critical component for making autonomous vehicles safe. Calibration and Sensor Integrity team is responsible for the software and algorithms for calibrating Argo's fleet at scale and for online monitoring and reporting the integrity of perception sensors. The team works on offboard software for high quality calibration of lidars, cameras, IMUs and radars in production within a limited space and time budget. The team is also responsible for problems unique to building L4 self driving including onboard calibration validation and detection of reduced sensor performance such as sensor degradation, obstructions like dirt and water and estimation of external conditions such as fog. As a member of the team you will have the opportunity to work on different sensor modalities and apply computer vision and machine learning tools. Your work will have significant cross-functional impact across Perception, Hardware and Operations teams.
What you’ll do:
We are looking for candidates who are excited to work at the intersection of sensors and algorithms and comfortable with image and lidar signal processing. As a full-time software engineer you will be responsible for developing off-board and on-board software. You will ideally own a problem area and will take the solution from conception to real-world deployment including developing pragmatic algorithms, writing code and working with customer teams to validate and deploy the software.
What we’re looking for:
- MS or PhD in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field.
- Strong software engineering and C++ skills are required.
- Strong mathematical skills, including linear algebra, optimization and numerical methods.
- Experience of hands-on development and deployment of products and platforms in the real world.
- Fundamental knowledge of computer vision areas: image processing, feature matching, pose estimation, calibration, structure from motion, optical flow, stereo vision.
- Experience with machine learning and statistics desirable.
- Good presentation and communication skills.
- Experience in Linux environments is desired.
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup