Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
Sensor calibration and integrity is a core technical problem for L4 self driving vehicles and a critical component for making autonomous vehicles safe. Calibration and Sensor Integrity team is responsible for the software and algorithms for calibrating Argo's fleet at scale and for online monitoring and reporting the integrity of perception sensors. The team works on offboard software for high quality calibration of lidars, cameras, IMUs and radars in production within a limited space and time budget. The team is also responsible for problems unique to building L4 self driving including onboard calibration validation and detection of reduced sensor performance such as sensor degradation, obstructions like dirt and water and estimation of external conditions such as fog. As a member of the team you will have the opportunity to work on different sensor modalities and apply computer vision and machine learning tools. Your work will have significant cross-functional impact across Perception, Hardware and Operations teams.
What you’ll do:
We are looking for candidates who are excited to work at the intersection of sensors and algorithms and comfortable with image and lidar signal processing. As a full-time software engineer you will be responsible for developing off-board and on-board software. You will ideally own a problem area and will take the solution from conception to real-world deployment including developing pragmatic algorithms, writing code and working with customer teams to validate and deploy the software.
What we’re looking for:
- MS or PhD in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field.
- Strong software engineering and C++ skills are required.
- Strong mathematical skills, including linear algebra, optimization and numerical methods.
- Experience of hands-on development and deployment of products and platforms in the real world.
- Fundamental knowledge of computer vision areas: image processing, feature matching, pose estimation, calibration, structure from motion, optical flow, stereo vision.
- Experience with machine learning and statistics desirable.
- Good presentation and communication skills.
- Experience in Linux environments is desired.
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.