Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
With offices in Pittsburgh, the Bay Area of California, Southeastern Michigan and Central New Jersey, we are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
Precise calibration is a core technical problem for L4 self-driving vehicles, one that affects every part of the autonomy stack. Tasks include include calibration for IMU extrinsics, Camera intrinsics, LIDAR-to- Camera extrinsics, Radar Extrinsics and LIDAR intrinsics. These are challenging problems to do well. At Argo, we are pushing these boundaries with a drive towards building software to efficient calibration of L4 systems at scale. Validation of the calibration results is a critical focus, including online checking of calibration stability. This is a tremendous set of challenges and we seek candidates who will drive the team to produce robust, reliable, scalable and precise calibration tooling.
To achieve this vision, we are looking for hands on software engineers who can contribute to a mix of computer vision, optimization and calibration systems in a sensor fusion environment. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who is technically strong in software and strong in calibrating multiple sensor modalities.
What you'll do:
- Develop software to advance the calibration process by employing or developing state-of-the-art algorithms for more precise and rapid calibrations into a large scale fleet of autonomous vehicles
- Ensure that the calibrations are supplied to the consumer teams in an efficient and reliable manner
- Develop methods and processes for determining the validity of calibrations
- Create visualization tools in C++ and/or Python to help evaluate, verify, and track calibration results
- Appropriately tune the parameters relevant to each calibration facility for the highest quality.
- Develop software for calibration of IMU extrinsics, Camera intrinsics, Lidar-to-Camera extrinsics, Radar Extrinsics and Lidar intrinsics
What we're looking for:
- Master's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field together with two (2) years of experience in a related position
- Will also accept a Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field together with four (4) years of experience in a related position
- Previous experience must have included:
- Experience in C++ is required
- Experience with Linux environments
- Experience with linear algebra, non-linear optimization and numerical methods
- Knowledge or experience with processing data from one or more of the sensors: cameras, lidar, radar, IMU
- Proven theoretical and applied knowledge of relevant subsets of calibration methodologies
- Fundamental knowledge of computer vision areas such as image processing, pose estimation, structure from motion, optical flow, stereo vision is a plus
- Experience deploying real products or platforms into the real world and intimately understand the challenges of working with complex systems and systems at scale
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup