Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
Argo AI is looking to expand our Simulation Engineering team! The Simulation Engineering team is responsible for building a highly scalable distributed platform for managing, running, and aggregating millions of simulation jobs per day. This is a big compute platform that will generate petabytes of data along and require web services to manage/status workloads.
What you’ll do:
- Be a part of building a virtual world to allow us to iterate quickly, test safely before getting to a car, and to get enough virtual miles to help build our safety case
- Build 3D visualization tooling to enable engineers to monitor and analyze the performance of the autonomous vehicle in the simulated virtual world
- Build scenario authoring tools to allow users to create and manage simulation scenarios
- Integrate front end software with a scenario management system
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- OpenGL experience is strongly desired, although experience with any real time rendering API is helpful
- Qt (widgets and/or QML) experience is strongly desired
- Web-based front-end architecture experience (e.g TypeScript, React, WebGL) is desired
- Hands-on experience with GUI testing frameworks
- Experience with modern design architectural patterns for user interfaces
- Strong software skills (geometric algorithms and data structure)
- Content creation skills (e.g. 3D modelling, vector graphics) are a plus
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.