Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
Machine Learning Data & Services team is responsible for creating and managing our Machine Learning (ML) data and pipelines (from request, collection, mining, extraction, labeling to querying), define and implement evaluation system for autonomy models, and scale our ML systems. We manage large data sets of sensor data (images, LiDAR, radar, etc) and innovate in ML software development lifecycle so as to shorten the loop from request to ML model training in production. We are hiring a Technical Lead who will lead and own engineering, support and scale our system and service capabilities. Areas of ownership include, for example, end-to-end ML data and pipeline management such as data collection, extraction and mining at scale, building large-scale, distributed ML training platform, and designing innovative semi-automated labeling algorithms leveraging deep nets and ML models.
What you’ll do:
- Define technical strategy and design to identify, mine and/or process large-scale sensor logs for ML development
- Build software to extract sensor logs at scale efficiently
- Build software to manage, train and evaluate ML models at scale
- Define and develop end-to-end data pipeline and services supporting ML and autonomy pipelines
- Innovate on and integrate with distributed deep learning frameworks and best-of-breed tools and algorithms to advance state-of-the-art ML infrastructure
- Innovate on and integrate with semi-automated algorithms or ML models with our labeling tools and pipelines to accelerate and lead the industry in labeling speed and throughput wherever needed
- Lead and manage SDLC best practices and a group of passionate and high-caliber developers
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Experience as a technical or team lead, passionate about leading and improving SDLC and CI/CD best practices. Comfortable with a fast-paced and quickly iterative development environment
- Strong experience in large-scale data mining, data pipelines or ML systems (data selection, feature extraction, training, verification, analysis and distributed training)
- Senior level industry experience or above. Staff/Principal level is welcomed
- Experience with cloud-based platforms (such as AWS or GCP) and common deep learning packages is particularly welcomed
- Experience with large scale machine learning applications or pipelines working with 2D or 3D data
- Experienced in approaching open problems with mathematically sound mindset and solutions
- Expertise in C++, Python and/or Java is required
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Experienced in balancing MVP and Production-grade systems: comfortable with open R&D but also knows the in’s and out’s of monitoring and automation so as to scale the pipeline and systems.
- Bonus: Strong theoretical and applied skills in Machine Learning
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup