Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
The Platform Test Engineering team is responsible for performing subsystem and system level testing that exercises the various components of the self-driving vehicle, focusing on the integration of Argo self-driving technology with OEM platform technology and offboard infrastructure. This includes developing and executing test plans focused on vehicle interfaces, vehicle dynamics, environmental qualification, onboard/offboard communications, and fault propagation and mitigation. We interact on a daily basis with our software and hardware development teams to test and provide feedback on their latest designs and ultimately qualify those designs for inclusion on our fleet of self-driving vehicles.
We are looking for a senior engineer to drive the testing of embedded software and safety-critical interfaces through model based, hardware-in-the-loop, and vehicle level testing.
What you'll do:
- Work with systems engineers to develop test plans that adequately evaluate components and system level implementations against requirements
- Work with software, hardware, and tools development engineers to develop specific test software, hardware, and instrumentation to allow for test execution
- Develop and maintain necessary test assets, including software-in-the-loop (SIL), hardware-in-the loop (HIL) and experimental vehicles
- Perform data analysis and create test result packages for requirements verification
- Provide test coverage reports to senior management to advise on implementation readiness
- Maintain Argo’s high standards and commitment to safe, effective and efficient testing
What we're looking for:
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field
- Experience in embedded software development and testing
- Experience in software-in-the-loop and/or hardware-in-the-loop test development
- Experience working with automotive communications protocols (CAN, CAN-FD, BroadR-Reach)
- Prefer software language skills including C, C++, and Python; Windows and Linux OS; Matlab
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to span a large and varied workforce.
- Proven self-starter mindset and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Prefer experience developing and/or testing SW for autonomous systems
- Prefer experience with bug tracking system (Jira or equivalent)
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup