Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
We are looking for candidates who are excited about building core software to enable rapid and robust maps for AV. Maps play a critical role in the success of Argo AI. Today’s autonomous vehicles require a unique prior map of the world they are operating within for everything from navigation to context of the environment around them. Join a team using cutting edge technologies to create solutions for highly detailed and complex maps that empower our autonomous vehicles.
What you'll do:
- Help design and implement map collection interface in AV (from Lidar and Camera) and also build interface to expose prior map layers to other components in AV like tracking and motion control
- Develop rigorous software products in a mix of C++, Python and Java
- Develop services and tooling for creating high definition 3D maps
- Collecting map data, working on storage systems, fusing and mining data, integrating into a cloud-based service
- Problem solve in a fast paced environment and work with complex software
- Work with internal teams to understand their needs and define requirements/interfaces
- Design scalable solutions for big-data storage and retrieval
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Strong design and architecture: You must be able to understand and balance requirements in complex software systems
- Deep programming skills in a major language: We work in C++, Java, Kotlin, Go and Python. You must be able to implement clean and efficient code and interfaces
- Ability to communicate complicated technical information: We are working on hard problems in a very fast paced team environment
- Outstanding engineering judgement: You understand how to scope solutions to produce a high volume of quality work with maximum value
- Technical expertise in Linux system development, profiling, and optimization
- Ability to work beyond your core engineering field and understand how the pieces fit together in the larger system
- Experience in computer vision, machine learning, or related technical fields is a plus
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.