Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
We are looking for candidates who are excited about building core software to enable rapid and robust maps for AV. Maps play a critical role in the success of Argo AI. Today’s autonomous vehicles require a unique prior map of the world they are operating within for everything from navigation to context of the environment around them. Join a team using cutting edge technologies to create solutions for highly detailed and complex maps that empower our autonomous vehicles.
What you'll do:
- Help design and implement map collection interface in AV (from Lidar and Camera) and also build interface to expose prior map layers to other components in AV like tracking and motion control
- Develop rigorous software products in a mix of C++, Python and Java
- Develop services and tooling for creating high definition 3D maps
- Collecting map data, working on storage systems, fusing and mining data, integrating into a cloud-based service
- Problem solve in a fast paced environment and work with complex software
- Work with internal teams to understand their needs and define requirements/interfaces
- Design scalable solutions for big-data storage and retrieval
What we're looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Strong design and architecture: You must be able to understand and balance requirements in complex software systems
- Deep programming skills in a major language: We work in C++, Java, Kotlin, Go and Python. You must be able to implement clean and efficient code and interfaces
- Ability to communicate complicated technical information: We are working on hard problems in a very fast paced team environment
- Outstanding engineering judgement: You understand how to scope solutions to produce a high volume of quality work with maximum value
- Technical expertise in Linux system development, profiling, and optimization
- Ability to work beyond your core engineering field and understand how the pieces fit together in the larger system
- Experience in computer vision, machine learning, or related technical fields is a plus
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup