Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
The Argo Data Services team is responsible for the planning, production, and delivery of mapping and labelling data to power the Argo effort. The Data Services team works closely with both the software team and vehicle operations to develop efficient tools and processes that ensure the consistency and quality of our data products.
The Data Services, Production Coordinator role will be responsible for the overall planning, scheduling, and coordination of the mapping and labelling pipelines to ensure timely delivery of our data products to our customers. They will publish the mapping and labelling production schedule to the organization and be responsible for communicating any changes to the necessary stakeholders. This role will work closely with the Vehicle Operations team to plan and execute data collection missions to ensure a steady supply of quality input data is available for the mapping and labelling production teams. In addition, they will also work closely with the Software Development teams to provide accurate production forecasts for consideration and incorporation into software development roadmaps. This role is also responsible for aiding in the continuing evolution of the tools, policies, and processes utilized by the Data Services team. This means that you will be a critical part of building a robust and stable platform for data production that will scale to meet Argo’s aggressive growth targets.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and own the detailed production schedule and production rate estimates for all phases of the mapping and labelling production pipelines, publishing this schedule to the entire org
- Coordinate with Operations Managers within Data Services and Vehicle Operations to plan and execute data collection missions
- Work with software development teams to ensure software roadmaps align with production forecasts
- Identify issues that impact the data production pipeline and work across teams/departments to resolve
- Identify and implement process improvement initiatives across the data production pipelines
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Proven experience with a production mindset to make rapid progress, be able to estimate rates, and master schedules of dynamic and complex tasks
- Significant hands-on experience and mastery of modern tools deployed to manage complex projects
- Experienced working across teams with different backgrounds to make rapid progress on production tasks
- Hyper-organized mindset with an ability to communicate complex schedules and production state across an organization
- Works effectively under pressure - consistently delivers excellent results and high output rates in a fast-paced environment
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup