Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
The Argo AI Motion Planning & Controls team is the team that brings all of the autonomy inputs together. The team is responsible for taking perception, prediction, and mapping inputs and combining them to generate a safe, yet comfortable ride. This role will involve analysis of the system’s high-level decision making. This includes route planning, reasoning about lane geometry, intersections, traffic light decision making, lane changes, merging, other actors on the road (such as vehicles, pedestrians, bicyclists, etc.), trajectory generation, and ride comfort among other things. Motion Planning & Controls Metrics objectively evaluates this decision making by designing, developing, tracking, and publishing metrics on data collected from offline simulation, closed track tests, and driving on public roads over the full operating domain.
What you’ll do:
- Design and develop objective log-based analysis to evaluate the Motion Planning & Controls stack and its individual components. Evaluation modalities include simulation, re-simulation through to on vehicle testing
- Manage and improve pipelines to gather metrics on an ongoing basis
- Document and share metrics with the organization for wider visibility and adoption
- Work with platform teams to ensure capabilities align with Motion Planning & Controls needs
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Hands on experience with real platforms and an intimate understanding of quantitative/data driven approaches to improve performance
- Strong software skills are required but we are language agnostic. A willingness to gain stronger software engineering knowledge and deep expertise in Python and some SQL and C++ is required
- Data visualization experience is strongly desired
- Strong presentation and communication skills are desired
- Experience with validation of simulation performance against physical test performance is desired
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.