Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
The Argo AI Motion Planning & Controls team is the team that brings all of the autonomy inputs together. The team is responsible for taking perception, prediction, and mapping inputs and combining them to generate a safe, yet comfortable ride. This role will involve analysis of the system’s high-level decision making. This includes route planning, reasoning about lane geometry, intersections, traffic light decision making, lane changes, merging, other actors on the road (such as vehicles, pedestrians, bicyclists, etc.), trajectory generation, and ride comfort among other things. Motion Planning & Controls Metrics objectively evaluates this decision making by designing, developing, tracking, and publishing metrics on data collected from offline simulation, closed track tests, and driving on public roads over the full operating domain.
What you’ll do:
- Design and develop objective log-based analysis to evaluate the Motion Planning & Controls stack and its individual components. Evaluation modalities include simulation, re-simulation through to on vehicle testing
- Manage and improve pipelines to gather metrics on an ongoing basis
- Document and share metrics with the organization for wider visibility and adoption
- Work with platform teams to ensure capabilities align with Motion Planning & Controls needs
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Hands on experience with real platforms and an intimate understanding of quantitative/data driven approaches to improve performance
- Strong software skills are required but we are language agnostic. A willingness to gain stronger software engineering knowledge and deep expertise in Python and some SQL and C++ is required
- Data visualization experience is strongly desired
- Strong presentation and communication skills are desired
- Experience with validation of simulation performance against physical test performance is desired
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup