Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
We view internships as an incredibly valuable part of our culture and of our recruiting pipeline. It’s our opportunity to see you in action in a way that is far more informative than an interview. For you, it is an opportunity to demonstrate your skills and character in a real world setting. Moreover, it is an opportunity for personal and professional development while learning something new and contributing to Argo AI’s effort to change the world!
Every intern will be paired with a senior member of our staff who will provide guidance and mentorship for the duration of the internship. Interns are considered contributing members of our project teams and participate in project meetings. Join us for a unique 12-14 week paid internship that offers personal and professional development, a fun work environment, and community-building.
The Sensors Hardware team at Argo is responsible for defining and delivering the sensing systems that enable our self driving system to perceive the world. The Radar R&D Intern will work with a team of engineers to deliver Argo’s advanced radar system, assisting in characterization, qualification, validation, and deployment of next generation radar sensors. The role requires an engineer who can work across multiple disciplines including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, embedded software, and perception concepts.
What you’ll do:
- Manage bench and vehicle data collection hardware and software stack
- Write scripts to ingest and visualize sensor data
- Develop algorithms to infer vehicle dynamics, such as yaw and yaw-rate
- Develop test plans to assess radar performance
- Execute bench and vehicle level tests
- Design bench and vehicle data and power infrastructure
- Work with vehicle operations teams to gather sensor data
- Work with software teams on radar algorithm development
- Work with external entities to integrate cutting edge radar technologies with our self-driving system
What we’re looking for:
- Pursuing a degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or a related field (must be enrolled in a full time degree program at the time of the internship)
- Proficient in C++, Python, and/or Matlab
- Experience working with logging, manipulating, and analyzing sensor data from radar, camera, lidar, GPS, etc.
- Experience working with data ingest for radar systems, automotive radar a plus
- Comfortable interfacing with hardware with diverse I/O, such as CAN, LIN, Flexray, MIPI CSI, Ethernet
- Experience with robotics frameworks such as the Robotic Operating System (ROS) a plus
- Experience with clustering and tracking algorithms a plus
- Prefer experience with hardware components for robotics/automotive systems
- Prefer experience developing hardware for application specific radar systems
- Prefer experience working with radar data for perception applications
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Commuter reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup