Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
We view internships as an incredibly valuable part of our culture and of our recruiting pipeline. It’s our opportunity to see you in action in a way that is far more informative than an interview. For you, it is an opportunity to demonstrate your skills and character in a real world setting. Moreover, it is an opportunity for personal and professional development while learning something new and contributing to Argo AI’s effort to change the world!
Every intern will be paired with a senior member of our staff who will provide guidance and mentorship for the duration of the internship. Interns are considered contributing members of our project teams and participate in project meetings. Join us for a unique 12-14 week paid internship that offers personal and professional development, a fun work environment, and community-building.
The Sensors Hardware team at Argo is responsible for defining and delivering the sensing systems that enable our self driving system to perceive the world. The Camera R&D Intern will assist in the design and development of advanced custom camera hardware that serves as a critical input to Argo’s self-driving system. The camera team owns all aspects of camera technology development, including research, design, test, qualification, and deployment of Argo’s camera systems. Camera engineers work with a cross-functional team of Argo hardware and software engineers as well as outside suppliers to actualize designs and bring them into production.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and execute methods for verification and validation of Argo’s camera systems
- Design and utilize test setups to collect and characterize camera performance in the lab and on vehicles
- Evaluate image quality of camera prototypes
- Analyze image sensor, lens, and camera module level data from suppliers
- Assist in failure analysis and debug efforts related to camera bring-up and deployment
What we’re looking for:
- Pursuing a degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or a related field (must be enrolled in a full time degree program at the time of the internship)
- Experience working with camera or imaging hardware for automotive, industrial, medical, consumer electronics, or related fields
- Strong Python and/or Matlab skills, with experience in image analysis desired
- Familiarity with camera performance metrics like dynamic range, SNR, SFR, and color accuracy
- Experience with hardware debugging tools and methods
- Prefer candidates with experience working in a Linux environment
- C/C++ experience, Windows Development, Visual Studio desired
- Passion for solving challenging, impactful problems
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Commuter reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup