Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
We view internships as an incredibly valuable part of our culture and of our recruiting pipeline. It’s our opportunity to see you in action in a way that is far more informative than an interview. For you, it is an opportunity to demonstrate your skills and character in a real world setting. Moreover, it is an opportunity for personal and professional development while learning something new and contributing to Argo AI’s effort to change the world!
Every intern will be paired with a senior member of our staff who will provide guidance and mentorship for the duration of the internship. Interns are considered contributing members of our project teams and participate in project meetings. Join us for a unique 12-14 week paid internship that offers personal and professional development, a fun work environment, and community-building.
Mechanical Hardware Engineering Interns at Argo AI will be responsible for research, design, development, test qualification, and deployment of automotive robotics hardware for Argo AI products. The Vehicle Interfaces team is responsible for leading the packaging of autonomous vehicle hardware on the vehicle platform. Current opportunities on the team include work on component positioning, structural integration, cooling systems, cleaning systems, and more. The team places a strong emphasis on validation and verification in all areas
What you’ll do:
- Develop and execute verification and validation methods for new systems
- Design components and systems for proof of concept analysis and testing
- Perform testing and data collections to validate concepts and systems
- Analyze test results to characterize system performance
- Optimize processes to improve team efficiency
What we’re looking for:
- Must be enrolled in a full time degree program at the time of the internship
- Students pursuing a degree pursuing a degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or a related field
- Strong experience designing mechanical parts and assemblies including 2D drawing GD&T, interface control documents, and manufacturing specifications
- Strong experience developing design requirements, conducting trade studies, developing prototype designs, executing design analysis / simulation, integrating prototypes, conducting verification / validation testing, debugging design failures, and deploying designs to mass production
- Strong experience with 3D design tools such as SolidWorks, Catia, or other CAD tools
- Quantitative / analytical mindset to probe, test and decompose challenging system problems into root cause issues with strong, detail oriented skills to solve them
- Experience in functional testing, reliability testing, and qualification of systems
- Strong Matlab and/or Python skills
- Ability to serve cross functional roles in a young company
- We operate as a team, so good teamwork and communication skills are essential
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Commuter reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup
*We are accepting applications submitted by December 31, 2019*